Cirque du Soleil is seeking professional dancers and good looking extras for its recent shows and forthcoming creations. It’s not every day that you’ll get a chance to showcase your talent at such a major platform.
About the play:
Cirque du Soleil was originated in the small town of Baie-Saint-Paul where in the early 80s, the streets were found roaming by colorful artists while showcasing their juggling, cycling, fire-breathing and dancing skills.
However, the credit goes to two former street performers, Guy Laliberté and Gilles Ste-Croix for founding this Canadian entertainment company of Cirque du Soleil.
When Guy Laliberté witnessed Quebec’s colorful celebration of the 450th anniversary of Jacques Cartier’s, he took it as his chance to take the troupe on an official province-wide tour in 1984. The performances were arresting and a theatrical mix of circus arts–minus the wild animals–and street performances that showcased wild, shocking costumes, breathtaking lighting, and their very own original music. Guy named the circus it Cirque du Soleil because he belives “The sun symbolizes youth, energy, and strength.”
About the casting requirements:
Gender: Male and Female
Age: From 18 years of age to 40 years of age.
Ethnicity: people from all ethnicities are encouraged to apply.
The casting team is looking for people who have the talent to perform the following forms of dances professionally and skillfully:
- Hip-hop , b-boying , head spinning , popping , waacking ,stepping, Jookin’ and bone breaking
Other casting requirements:
The applicants must have the following:
- Excellent level and knowledge of musicality;
- A little bit of stage experience
- Must possess a strong technique in their area of dancing expertise.
- The applicant must have a strong stage presence that is hard to ignore, excellent interpretation skills and ability to make the audience feel and move.
- The applicant must be enthusiastic and versatile enough that he/she can perform the same show various times in a week and still be able to make it as good and as new as the last one.
- Besides dancing, they applicants must also be familiar with acrobatics, physical acting and with different style of dancing.
- The applicant must be open to new ideas and new forms of performances and new experiences. Must be broad minded.
- The applicant must be able to think on their feet and have the talent to improvise in an instant without losing their cool. People with this skill will be highly encouraged.
About the auditions:
- All candidates must arrive at noon to register
- Applicants who arrive after 1:00 p.m. will not be admitted to the venue
- The auditions will begin at 1 p.m. and finish around 9:00 p.m.
- It is recommended that applicants bring their own drinks and snacks to the auditions.
- For the auditions, applicants must learn a series of challenging combinations and should also be prepared to perform their own two-minute piece.
- It is essential that applicants must bring a printed and signed copy of registration form to the auditions.
- Must also bring music, a photo and resume.
- The applicants must make sure to wear appropriate dance attire.
- Female dancers are required to bring heels because they are expected to perform few combinations in heel.
- Avoid wearing dark soled shoes as they can damage the dance floor.
Payments and contracts:
- The casting team is not responsible nor do they promise to pay for any expense that will incurred by the candidates during the auditions.
- Contracts will not be provided in the audition.
How to apply:
The last date to apply is 12th, August, 2016.
To be submitted to similar modeling jobs, fill out the form below