Have you ever heard someone getting this compliment, “Are you a model? You sure look like one!” There are certain traits that models have and ways they portray themselves that are different than the average woman. They receive more compliments and are physically more presentable. The following tips can help you get that so-called “model” look:
First and foremost, body image and good health must be achieved. A model’s job is to use her body to present a name brand or product. Thus, your body is a priority step to looking like a model. You need to eat a healthy diet and exercise regularly in order to be in shape. Whether you’re a fashion model or a fitness model you should very rarely eat fast food or sweets. You need to limit junk food and focus on eating primarily lean meats, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. Your exercise regimen should include at least a half hour per day, five days a week of cardio and strength training to be physically fit and toned.
A model’s job is mainly to wear clothing that presents a company or an advertisement that fashion needs to make a statement. Models usually wear clothing that is in-style. However, that isn’t the most important aspect in fashion modeling at all. Currently, many older styles are making a comeback. No matter what type of clothing you wear just make sure that it goes together well. Here are a few tips when putting together an outfit:
- Do not wear white socks/leggings with black shoes (and vice versa).
- Do not wear a jean jacket with jeans that don’t match the fabric of the jacket. It’s best to wear jean jackets with pants or skirts that are not made out of jean material.
- If you wear a hat, make sure it goes with the style of your outfit. i.e. ball caps do not generally go well with dresses.
- Your outfit should match or at least coordinate as a whole.
Models usually have their hair professionally done, but there are a few things you can do at home too that will give your hair the best look possible:
- Use conditioner and healthy hair products.
- Do not bleach or color your hair, unless done professionally.
- Do not blow dry your hair on high heat or use products that damage your hair.
- Keep your hair trimmed to avoid noticeable split ends.
While models wear different types and amounts of makeup depending on the job, there is one thing it is always supposed to do: it accentuates your look. The most important aspect of makeup is to not so much cover up your look as it intensifies your beauty. The following are makeup essentials to use for doing this:
- Eye shadow
- Eye liner
First, use concealer to cover up any dark spots, blemishes, or imperfections. Next, put a light layer of foundation on your face and top it off by using blush along your cheek bones. Brush a dark eye shadow along the lids of your eyes and a lighter color on your brow bone, then line them with a dark eye liner pencil. Apply mascara to your eye lashes. Finally, wear lipstick that completes the look.