All dancers of New York get ready to show your moves on the BIG screen. If you are a dancer and know old dance styles then there is a great opportunity waiting for you.
‘Rebel in the Rye’ is looking for male and female dancers from New York to appear in the film.
‘Rebel in the Rye’
‘Rebel in the Rye’ is an upcoming American biographical film about life of an American writer J.D. Salinger. The movie is based on Kenneth Slawenski’s book titled “J.D. Salinger: A Life” which was about Salinger’s life from childhood to the Second World War era.
The movie is both written and directed by Danny Strong and shooting for the film has started with stars like Nicholas Hoult (playing the role of J.D. Salinger), Kevin Spacey, Zoey Deutch, Brain d’ Arcy James, Sarah Paulson, Victor Garber, Lucy Boynton and Hope Davis.
As an American writer who reached the height of fame with his controversial yet famous novel ‘The Catcher in the Rye’, published in 1951, J.D. Salinger’s name is still remembered in the literary world for his contribution and among the readers for his record breaking novel. Although the novel was originally meant for adults but it also received wide acclamation among teenagers and young people because the feelings of this particular age were the subject of the novel.
Salinger died a natural death in 2010.
Casting for Dancers
Rebel in the Rye is searching for dancers from New York to appear in the film.
- Both Female and Male dancers are eligible to apply for the roles
- These roles are only for local dancers of New York
- Dancers should know and have experience in partner dance styles of 1940s
- Dancers should be available for full day on shoot date
What to do?
Interested people should send following details via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Name
- Contact Number
- Non Union or Sag-Aftra
- Dress/Suit Sizes
- Write in detail about your experience (in dancing) and also attach any certificates, diplomas, videos of dancing
- Send at least two of your pictures, one normal and one while dancing
- Do not forget to write ‘Facebook Dancers” in the subject line of your e-mail in order to get it considered for the role
- Selected candidates will need to work in vintage clothes and around smoke therefore, applicants should not be allergic to wool and should not have any problem with the smoke.
- Selected men will need to get their hair cut in 1940s style so, they should be comfortable with it.
- Selected dancers will be given $ 167 for 8 hours.
To be submitted to similar modeling jobs, fill out the form below